Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Its whats for dinner...uh...I mean lunch!






Every week, we have a new chefs menu. This menu is comprised of an Entrée salad, a hot and cold sandwich, a pizza, two Entrée meals and two desserts.

This week:

As you can see...not only is it about great good...but its also about great presentation. We take lots of pride in everything we do here...service, cleanliness, quality...the whole nine yards.

Still, at this point, us freshman are only running the front of house and the cleaning duties around the academy. This is totally fine with me. I'm having more and more of an appreciation for servers in this industry...but...it also makes me more critical of what they do and don't do as well...you want my tip...you really better deserve it now...its more than just slapping a plate down in front of me and taking my check. You had better know whats on the menu, how the dishes are prepared and the ingredients in them...and I don't care if you are having a bad day or tired...smile damnit!!! LOL

I'm also going to join an organization called ACF ( American Culinary Federation). Before the tv shows and the popularity of food everywhere, this organization was putting on competitions and bringing chefs together to collaborate and learn and network. this is going to be a great resource for me later down the road. In fact, I've thrown my hat in the ring to be this years Junior President for the Inland empires chapter of this organization...wish me luck! check it out if you are curious.

http://www.acfchefs.org//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home6

I'm also getting very involved with some events and a culinary club at the academy. I'm going to totally immerse myself into this experience. While we are on the topic...check this out:

http://www.rcc.edu/events/newsInfo.cfm?n=150

Please come!!! It is very reasonable considering what you get and you can come and make fun of me serving you in a very elegant fashion...I know lots of you would love to do that.

oh...and also...I need donations...we have a silent auction and this event will raise funds for chile and haiti and will also raise funds for the academy to purchase equipment and such for us students. So...anything you can spare that we can use in our raffle or auction would be greatly appreciated.

ok...gotta get some homework done...we are learning all about sanitation and being safe in the kitchen...you know...so we don't poison anyone at the restaurant...that would be bad!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brother, If you would like some tix for the silent auction let me know. We will hook you up. I can get Mark to deliver them.

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete