Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finally here!!

So...here it is...the day before I start school.

Its been an interesting month since I posted. Full of excitement and anxiety.

I've actually had the opportunity to participate in some events with the academy and I haven't even officially started yet. I got to prepare and present at an event at a local brewery and we made sliders and ice cream. Everything was done from scratch...IT WAS AWESOME!!!

There was another event that one of the chefs contacted me the night before that one of their chefs couldn't make it to an event and asked if I could fill in...and I said YES. It was for a grilled cheese competition in the area. www.grilledcheeseinvitational.com. and...well...what can I say...it also...was AWESOME!!!!

And...here I am...now the day before I actually officially start my culinary experience. I have already purchase one of my books...and have read 9 chapters in...and we don't even start reading this book for another two weeks...and the only reason I don't have the other required textbook is because it hasn't come into the bookstore yet.

Yes...I'm excited about this new venture into my life!!

My uniform is hanging up, my bag is ready to go, and I'm ready to get this life going!!!

My updates will come more frequently...some longer and shorter...but i will try to keep this updated with what happens and goes on...not that anyone is really listening...but hey...I'm having a blast...and thats all that counts.

More to come!!!!

oh...and if you are reading...spread the word...and give some comments...I could use them

1 comment:

  1. Zeke, I am so excited for you, and I will totally be praying for you tomorrow. You're super brave and I admire you for your decision to start something new...but you know, all the good things involve taking a chance! :) Val Dickson

    ReplyDelete