Friday, May 7, 2010

I survived the first week!



Yup...that me...can you believe it?

so...first week...wow.

I took a pedometer with me to track what one day activity is...I average about 3000 steps a day...I have a whole new appreciation for the waiters and waitress of the industry...wow...do they have to hustle.

I found it funny...many in our class that were putting out "I don't want to serve", or "I don't want to be in the public were randomly assign those exact position...while i just said to myself, "I'm open to whatever" and I was assign to be an alternate...which meant i did everything. and I had a blast.

so far so good. our class is a good class. this freshman class has a pretty large contingency of older individuals which makes it nice vs a whole class of young kids. We seem to have a good grasp of everything and we are there to not only learn, but to enjoy the learning process.

the instructors are great, and the upper classmen are helpful, so its all good...for now anyway. I'm sure after a few weeks of being with each other, that will change. but I'm there to learn...to absorb...to get the most from this process...and i an't wait for what is coming up next.

I eagerly await the next challenge...thanks to all of you who are following me...and your comments are very much appreciated. I can't wait for the opportunity to show off my skills to you sometime soon.

more to come

4 comments:

  1. I am sooo happy for you. I think you've found your niche <3 Can't wait to share food w/ you.
    Happy cooking my friend,
    Misti

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud Zeke! I am happy to see you smiling and in complete joy to see you follow what you want!
    Now make me food! :)

    Love,
    Chelsi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on, Big Brother!!!


    Manda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great Zeke at ease...hope to taste u soon..oh I mean taste some of what you put out...ooppss I mean ur cooking soon ;)

    ReplyDelete