Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm soooo ready to be a Junior...


So...what happens when you start to approach the end of your freshman semester and the rest of the class is just as anxious to move on and bored...

TADA!!!

This is our "86" board.

During service, when we run out of an item, we post the items that we are out of on this board so we can let the customers know what we do and don't have since it would be kind of hard to print up a new menu during that service.

Well...today...we had to 86 on of our desserts...it was a cupcake dessert. and that is how it started...

Amber drew a cute little cupcake under her posting on the board...then I had to draw a another one next to hers...and it just got out of control!!!!

Before you know it...everyone was drawing something on it...and the cupcake wars against the cookies was on!!!!!

yeah...we were bored...but...we had a kick also...damn seniors were getting all butthurt about it thinking we were making fun of them...but we were just having fun at no ones expense...amazing the self centered egos that run around that place.

In any case...it was a nice way to end a long week.

I have a major presentation to make next week...on organic and organic food and farming. Me and 4 others are presenting a lecture on the subject. I was able to get some food donated from a great local farm...Sage Mountain farm. They were kind enough to donate some produce and fruit so we can do a taste comparison against the crap you get in stores...and believe me, when you've had fresh,vine ripened fruit and produce...its hard to go back to store crap.

Anyhow, I hope it goes well...and we only have 12 days left of this semester and then we have a two weeks off before we go back...on August 30th...and I will be Junior!!! I can't wait.

I've got to get a menu project done this weekend as well...I had to create my own menu, design, courses and part of it is to cost out the price of ingredients and figure out a menu price. I'm telling you...restaurants are soooooooooo overcharging us...when i finish the project this weekend i will post my cover and menu so you can see what i've done.

anyhow...friday...not much planned other than studying and getting ready for next week.

have a great weekend everyone...oh...and enjoy cupcake wars!!!

LOL

1 comment:

  1. You really need to get Brian & his big Samoan head to draw your white boards - what the hell was his last name? I can't remember...

    ReplyDelete