Saturday, July 17, 2010

The dream may be on hold...

So...been a while since I've updated this.

The past few weeks have been great at school...learning a lot of new things...finally got into the kitchen...well...the breakfast line and that was good.

But the past few weeks have consumed my mind with the possibility that I may have to drop out of school for a bit.

Unfortunately, I've been able to go to school as a result of getting unemployment. Well...thanks to our government, that has now stopped..even though the economy sucks and jobs aren't out there...they can't pass the extensions to allow anything past 6 months. without getting into a political debate, my plan to go to school, and collect unemployment has put a wrinkle into my plans.

I've been looking hard for a job that i can work evenings and even nights so I can still go to school...but that has been failing miserably. So...if in the next few weeks, I may have to drop out of a semester and expand my options to day jobs...and take anything I can get to survive.

Life throws its curves balls...we may not know why...or even try to understand them...but all I can do is my best and hope for the best.

In any case, I should be able to finish my freshman semester which ends in 4 weeks.

more to come...I promise...just digging myself out of a hole right now.

1 comment: