Monday, August 16, 2010

I'm a Junior!!

So...last friday was my last day being a Freshman.

I passed with a 98%...WWWOOOOOO!

I have the next 2 weeks off before I go back as a Junior...and I can't wait. I will actually get into the kitchen and start to cook and prep!

During my time off..I will be practicing knife cuts and some basic food prep so I can get a leg up on it for next semester. I've heard that the next chef instructor is pretty meticulous so I want to make sure I do well.

I'm going to be on the hunt for some good knives though...my cutco are ok...and the ones they make us buy are...well...crap! time to get serious with some cutlery that will last me my lifetime and make this job a little easier.

Time is going by very quickly..which I like...I can't wait to get what skills I do have honed and tuned and learning some new ones will be extra helpful..."would you like fries, batonet, with that"...LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment