Sunday, October 10, 2010

almost died...

Really...I almost did...
last week, I volunteered to help our Pastry Chef do an
event for 75 people. She needed some people to help do some prep for a fundraiser and it was for a bunch of finger food
platters.

Now...I had no idea it was going to b
e at a church till the day before...imagine my fear of bursting into flames upon entering the door!!!!! thank goodness it was in the hall, since the church is still being built...WHEW!! LOL

In all seriousness, it was a great event and the people were super friendly and very appreciative of the help.







I'm still helping out
at the Elks doing hamburger/taco tuesdays/steak night and having a blast there as well...hey...we can have a beer to relax too!!!


All of the special events I'm doing are awesome. Some of the are exhausting...but no matter how much my back hurts, how tired I am afterwards, how many blisters I get from holding the knife wrong (i'm learning...alright!!!), I'm loving every minute and feel amazing fulfilled with it all.

I just wish that I would have pursued this a long time ago...but hey...never to late, right?

Oh...and I'm in a magazine as well...most of you probably saw my mug...but just in case...here is the link again.


Just another something to add to my portfolio of stuff.

I've also passed all of my competencies!!! YAY!!!! Next week I'm in the bakery...The Pastry Chef said that she is going to be putting me to major work with lots of cool baking projects with the rest of the group in there...going to be a blast of a week!!!

We get our next set of competencies next week...can't wait!

I'm still doing well on my test and homework, feeling pretty good with my cooking and knife skills...and we are all still clicking in class...its great.

Hope all is having a great time as well...




No comments:

Post a Comment